Friday 10 June 2016

japonaise poems payon

http://www.writerpayon.com/bib/i/?book=japonaise-payon.epub

japonaise

poems

payon

japonaise


Having forgotten
I do not recall -
Early Onset Alzheimer's.

*

Autumn moon so alone
so am I with this bag of rice -
cranio-cerebral blunt trauma.

*

Silent waters, silent reeds
even the spring cuckoo silent -
like I'm not here.

*

Oh, shining stream,
carrying my paper boats,
please mind the rocks.

*

Bamboo shoots
splitting the moon
Three moons in total.

*

Weep not, distant widow,
the snow flakes are -
Or is that a fox I hear?

*

Lung parenchyma -
the spring cuckoo observes
no abnormalities.

*

On the red bridge -
people scurry in rain
waterbody least worried

*

Jump, ugly fat frog,
It's your day.

*

Quit my window, butterfly,
nothing to see here
not even a reflection.

*

The majestic Fuji-san
in his cloud hat
covering his eyes.
Stupid slope,
wait, will you?
I'm not in a hurry!

*

Can't address you,
oh cruel fireball above,
deaf to my cries.

*

Sunset above
Sumida -
a million smiles.

*

If my waka failed
to impress you, pretty one,
sorry, I wrote it for myself.

*

Blind man, sweaty, dirty by travel -
three men pounce on him,
offering themselves up
to the famous lightning draw-strike.
The man puts his cane sword back
into its scabbard, slowly, smoothly.
Several bows later,
accepts rice balls, grinning,
from the grateful inn keeper.
But, Ichi-san,
your sword isn't going to wash itself.

*

Lamps floating
on Sumida - pretty,
who receives them
on the other end?

*

Pretty girl waiting
at the red bridge every night,
the lilies aren't going anywhere.

*

I hear the shogun's rifle
blew up in his hands,
took two of his fingers.
The "gun-sama" had to
commit harakiri.

*

Winter -
abandoned boats
filled with snow.

*

The blizzard -
howling,*

Butterflies hovering over
the daisies -
above where I buried the weapon.

*

Climbing Kinokuni -
no ascent,
no descent.

*

This man -
almost fat
dry, bushy hair
in t-shirt and shorts
hands swinging wide
gait like an emperor
brandishing a burning cigarette -
what does he know?
calling everyone.